Asian Prawn & Pineapple Salad
This no-cook main course salad can just be tossed together and served on its own, or with steamed rice or boiled noodles.
Servings 4 People
- 1 small pineapple or 350g pineapple chunks
- 140g beansprouts
- 250g cooked king prawns
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and sliced on the angle
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- handful mint leaves, very roughly chopped
- 50g unsalted cashew, toasted if you like
For the Dressing
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- juice 2 limes
- 1½ tsp fish sauce
Mash the chilli, garlic and sugar to a paste using a pestle and mortar or small processor. Stir in the lime juice and fish sauce, then set aside.
Peel, quarter, core and slice the pineapple at an angle. Toss with beansprouts, prawns, cucumber and tomato and some of the dressing. Pile into bowls and scatter with mint and cashews. Drizzle with the rest of the dressing and serve.