Warm Mackerel & Beetroot Salad
A simple but flavoursome salad that's easily made for two or more people
Servings 4 people
- 450g new potato, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 smoked mackerel fillets, skinned
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 100g bag mixed salad leaves
- 2 sticks of celery
- 50g walnut pieces
For the dressing
- 6 tbsp good-quality salad dressing
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish sauce
Boil the potatoes for 12-15 mins until just tender. Meanwhile, flake the mackerel fillets into large pieces and cut the beetroot into bite-size chunks.
Drain the potatoes and cool slightly. Mix the salad dressing and horseradish sauce together in a salad bowl and season. Tip in the potatoes – they should still be warm.
Add the salad leaves, mackerel, beetroot, celery and walnuts, and toss gently. Serve with crusty bread.